As excited as I am about moving to Korea, I am starting to realise that very soon my year in Switzerland will be over. Wow. Time goes fast.
It seems only two minutes ago that I was enjoying shocking everyone by randomly dropping in 'Oh, and I'm moving to Switzerland' into the conversation.
Whilst time has gone fast, it also feels that I have been here a long time, and will REALLY miss this place!!
So here's a list of things off the top of my head that I will miss..... I'm sure I will forget somethings, but I can always do a part 2 if needed.......
1) THE KIDS
I guess this probably goes without saying. But OMG, it's going to be so difficult saying goodbye. It feels weird to feel this attached to two children that I hadn't even met last year. But after living together and pretty much doing everything with them, it's going to be strange to be suddenly free from 'motherhood'. I always knew that I would like the kids, but I never thought I would get this attached! But I plan on skyping, visiting sometime next year and sending them photos and letters.
2) Getting around on a kids scooter
So it's pretty normal here for people to travel around on what I was typically call a 'childrens scooter'. Think Hansel in Zoolander. I've seen Business men, in suits, casually scooting around. I encourage the kids to take them to school so that I can ride them back. It helps that Lausanne is so hilly, and most of the time you're not even doing any leg work. Perfect.
3) Being average sized
I have always taken in for granted that I can walk into a shop, and it pretty much be guaranteed that I will be able to buy clothing in my size. Unless there's a crazy Topshop sale on and all the popular sizes are gone, and you're left with either a size 4 or 16. But this may not be the case in Korea. The average size of women in Korea is a UK 6, and anyone bigger than a size 10 may find it difficult to buy clothes in regular stores.
I have read blogs of English/Americans entering a shop and being greeted with 'No, No Big Size here'.
So Plan 1 - Get back on Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred' and then 'Ripped in 30' and lose a few inches
Plan 2 - Get used to being a fatty, and shopping in fat girl shops!
4) Swiss chocolate
This could be one of the reasons that I end up shopping in 'Fat girl shops' in Korea. But seriously, when I am surrounded by all this amazing chocolate, what is a girl to do! Ovalmatine, Lint, Coops own brand.... I am going to miss them ALL. Packages of chocolate will be very much appreciated!!
5) The views from 'my' house
I will be living in an apartment block, and my view will more than likely be of other apartment blocks. As I have talked about in other posts, Korea has some wonderful views, but I doubt I will be seeing them from my window. So, I will miss waking up, looking out of the window and seeing the lake and the mountains. I'm guessing I won't have a balcony that I can sunbathe on either haha but this house isn't mine and I would be leaving the house even if I wasn't going to Korea.
6) My friends <3
Now my friends may be at the bottom of my list, but they are by no means the least important. I am actually a bit shocked at the amount of people that I am going to genuinely miss when I leave here. Some will be leaving when I leave, some will be staying, and some have already gone. But I have met so many different people that have really been there for me, and helped to keep me sane!
Moving to a new country can really make you think about things and take a deep look at your friendships and I am lucky that I found such an 'awesome' group of people to spend my time in Switzerland with.
LOVE YOU GUYS. MEET UP IN BUZZ IN A FEW YEARS?!?!





No comments:
Post a Comment